ALBA Study Abroad in Barcelona (ALBA) is a U.S. 501(c)3 non-profit organization with headquarters in Portland, Oregon and school facilities in Barcelona, Spain.
As a non-profit organization, ALBA is subject to the non-distribution constraint: any revenues that exceed expenses must be committed to the organization’s purpose, not taken by private parties.
It also means that we rely on the generosity of donations from organizations and people like YOU to help fund scholarships that make it possible for students with financial need to study abroad.
SUPPORT OUR MISSION
The mission of ALBA Study Abroad in Barcelona, following the will of its founders, is to promote international education and the development of individuals by organizing top quality study abroad programs for U.S., Canadian and other international students and promoting the development of intercultural competence.
Inadequate financial resources is one of the main reasons why U.S. students don’t apply for a Study Abroad program.
Each year ALBA dedicates a significant part of its budget to help these students attend our program. This priority has to be done without compromising the rest of the ALBA operations.
That’s why we rely on donors’ support to help us make the life-changing benefits of study abroad accessible to as many students as possible.
HOW CAN I HELP?
100% of every donation is dedicated to scholarships for students with financial need, helping them to pay for tuition, extracurricular activities and housing.
OPTION 1. Make a Donation.
You can make a donation for the amount that you prefer. Choose whether you’d like it to be a one-time or a monthly donation. Pay by credit card or request for payment instructions. All easy and tax-deductible!
OPTION 2. Sponsor a student
- Sponsor the tuition of a college student with financial needs.
- Receive the profile of the student(s) you have sponsored (contact data of the student will also be available upon request).
- Receive a certification of your tax-deductible donation issued by ALBA Study Abroad (all donations are tax-deductible).
- Receive an essay from the student reflecting her/his experience abroad once the program has ended.
- Know you made a difference in the life of a student, the community and the future of the world!
These are the costs that you helping cover with your sponsorship:
|Concept||Regular term (Fall, Winter, Spring)||Summer term|
|Tuition, fees, extracurricular activities, materials, insurance||$7,900||$5,600|
Join us in educating the next generation of global leaders with your tax-deductible donation today!
You can make a donation for any amount that you wish. Choose whether you’d like it to be a one-time or a monthly donation.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
The following are ALBA’s basic eligibility requirements, barring some exceptions, for students applying for a scholarship:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a U.S. citizen, or a non-U.S. citizen currently studying in an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning, or
- Be a Canadian citizen, or a non-Canadian citizen currently studying in an accredited Canadian institution of higher learning
- Be between at least 18 years old
- Be enrolled, have applied for or have been accepted for enrollment in an eligible degree or certificate program at a higher education institution
- Be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for scholarships
- Have and maintain satisfactory academic status at your home institution
- Sign the ALBA Scholarship agreement
Additional eligibility requirements may apply for non-U.S. citizens.