The program INCLUDES:
- Portland State University enrollment (UW students will be enrolled at UW), transcripts, and other required campus fees.
- Tuition. Small-group classes with excellent professors from some of Spain’s finest universities.
- Comprehensive medical insurance starting three days before program orientation and to the Sunday after the last day of the term.
- 24-hour emergency assistance service.
- Up to 22 Quarter credits or 15 Semester credits.
- Housing. Students choose the accommodation option that best fits their needs and budget.
- All class field trips and entrances to cultural institutions.
- Textbooks and other required learning material, excepting Spanish language class workbook
- Airport transfer to accommodation (If arriving within recommended dates and times).
- Various Barcelona city tours, and other ALBA mixer events throughout the term.
- Small-group cooking classes in the ALBA kitchen with a local chef.
- At least four full-day excursions out of Barcelona.
The program DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Flight or other transportation to and from, Barcelona.
- Food (unless Homestay option with meal plan).
- Personal expenses or travel expenses beyond ALBA sponsored events.
- Special Travel / Medical insurance outside of the standard insurance provided through either Portland State University or the University of Washington.
Once admitted, you will receive an acceptance letter and ALBA will provide you with two invoices: Program Deposit and Program Balance Payment. Both these payments will add up to cover the total cost of the program.
The Program Deposit is a portion of the total cost of the program to be paid at least 60 days before the beginning of the term or by the indicated invoice due date. This payment acts as a sign of your commitment towards the program and will save your spot as we work together, towards your goal of studying in Barcelona. As your selected term approaches ALBA will begin to make arrangements and provide services that make your study abroad experience possible. In consequence, this program deposit will become partially non-refundable within 60 days of the start of the term. Within 30 days of the term’s orientation, a refund will not exceed 50% of the cost of the deposit and balance due to committment costs such as housing, faculty and activities.
Program Balance Payment
This balance payment must be made by the date indicated on the balance invoice unless a special arrangement has been made, in writing, with ALBA. Failure to pay the balance by the date indicated on the invoice means the student’s place on the program is not secured and the student will not be enrolled. The balance payment covers the remaining costs associated with your ALBA term studying abroad.
Only students waiting for their financial aid to be disbursed may request for an extension to the payment due date. Balance payments are partially non-refundable up to 50% within 30 days of the start of the term, due to committment costs such as housing, faculty and activities, and 100% non-refundable after the start of the term.