For students wanting to connect with a local family environment, be a part of their local daily routines and experience a bit more local culture.
Benefits of a Family Homestay
Want a new home away from home? Experience what it’s really like to live with a Barcelona family? This incredible opportunity is slightly more expensive, but it will provide you with two meals a day and a nice home environment.
- Full-immersion Spanish language experience. (Host families usually speak a bit of English if you’d like them to)
- Possibility of including meals (breakfast and dinner) at an extra cost.
- Host family’s intimate knowledge of the city
- Private bedroom, shared or private bathroom
- Available Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer
“[…] something unique about my study abroad experience is that I chose to live in a homestay while here in Barcelona! I am not exaggerating when I say this was the best decision I made. I have become so close to the family and can’t even begin to think about how hard it is going to be to say goodbye to them when I leave this beautiful city.”
– Charla Simon, Winter Term ’19 student
Regular term: $2900*
Summer term: $2,050*
Meals (Breakfast + Dinner) may be included at an extra cost.
(Approximately $600 for a regular term, $400 for Summer)