The program INCLUDES:
- Portland State University enrollment (UW students will be enrolled at UW), transcripts, and other required campus fees.
- Tuition. Online classes with excellent professors from some of Spain’s finest universities.
- Up to 22 quarter credits or 15 semester credits.
- Extracurricular activities, such as online cooking classes, seminars/guest speakers, virtual activities with professors and staff.
- Various Barcelona virtual city tours and other ALBA mixer events throughout the term.
Once admitted, you will receive an acceptance letter and ALBA will provide you with two invoices: GLE Participation Fee and GLE Balance Payment. Both these payments will add up to cover the total cost of the program.
GLE Participation Fee
The $500 Participation Fee is a portion of the total cost of the program that must be paid before 35 days of term’s orientation. This payment is required to complete your enrollment at PSU and to register for classes.
Your Participation Fee will be refunded in the event that one of your course preferences will not be offered and you decide to not participate in the Global Learning Experience program.
GLE Balance Payment
After the definite course list in published, one month before orientation, this balance payment must be made. Failure to pay the balance by the date indicated on the invoice means the student’s place on the program is not secured and the student will not be enrolled. The balance payment covers the remaining costs associated with your ALBA Global Learning Experience.
Only students waiting for their financial aid to be disbursed may request for an extension to the payment due date. Balance payments are 75% refundable, less the non-refundable Participation Fee, prior to 10 days of orientation. Within 10 days of orientation, the balance payment is non-refundable.