2. Place parchment paper on the baking sheet or oven pan; then place your potato cubes in the pan. If you don’t have parchment paper, don’t worry, nothing bad will happen, you will just have more dishes to clean once you are done! Season with salt and pepper, and add a bit of extra virgin olive oil on top.
3. Let the potatoes bake for about 15-20min, or until they’ve achieved brownish color.
4. While the delicious patatas are baking, feel free to start with the sauce.
5. For the sauce you will need a saucepan. Once you’ve acquired your tool, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onion and salt in the hot oil until it has softened, it should take approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add the garlic, smoked paprika, and hot sauce (optional) and let it simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and let all the ingredients settle for another 2 minutes.
7. Transfer your sauce to a blender (or you can use a hand blender) and blend the mixture all together until the tomato sauce is smooth.